The Health Services Appeal and Review Board (HSARB) is established by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Appeal and Review Boards Act, 1998 to conduct appeals and reviews under twelve different health care statutes. The proceedings under each of the statutes range from oral appeals to written reviews. The decisions being appealed to or reviewed by the Board include:
- Decisions of the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (“OHIP”) under the Health Insurance Act respecting eligibility for OHIP coverage and payment for services;
Health Insurance Act Information Sheet (MS Word 71 KB)
- Decisions of approved agencies under the Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994 regarding eligibility for and amount of community services;
- Orders of the Medical Officer of Health or public health inspectors under the Health Protection and Promotion Act;
- Orders and decisions of the Director under the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007;
- Decisions of the Director under the Independent Health Facilities Act with respect to licensing of independent health facilities.